I've been reading jlbecker's training journal over on SOS, so I've been more inspired the last day or so to be updating mine! That and reporting my runs is more important these days, as bigger and better races get closer.
This morning I ran 4 miles in the rain. It was an easy run, I didn't feel too challenged or exhausted at all. Felt pretty good all around. The cool weather and rain made everything so much easier. No wonder my times last winter/spring were so much better than they have been this summer. I can't wait until fall!
On a side note, my butt hurts from pilates last night. My usual instructor was out, so Janet subbed in. She did my bootcamp two weeks ago and told me that I was getting really strong (

). She's a personal trainer, but also teaches the lunch-time bootcamps and the Wed evening pilates class (I do Wed mornings). In any case, she took things up a notch from what we were used to in several exercises - we did extra glutes raises in what was essentially a reverse plank. On push-ups, the people who did full push-ups, like two of us, didn't just get credit for doing full push-ups..we had to do them balance on one-leg. Sweet. Good times. And on the side bend, she had us do the full-twist, taking it that extra step. We were also using the small 6 inch balls, so glute raises/leg lifts were done balanced on the ball, which is killer. I malpositioned my left foot the first time and ended up with a hamstring cramp. Ouch!
0 comments:
Post a Comment