0
Well, 50 hours after my long run on Saturday, I have absolutely no repercussions. I'm thrilled! It's like I never even went running this weekend.

Yesterday I felt great, so I went for a 2 mile cross-training jog. Push-ups or squats every 2 blocks. Sometimes I'll only jog a block if its a long one if there is a good place to do the calisthenics. I like to do it right before the last tree, preferably next to a car. So I'm hidden from the road, of course. I don't get too many weird looks, luckily.

So I ended up going to City Sports after my jog. And do you know what I tried on? That's right! The Vibram 5 Finger shoes!! They were so cool. I'm going to do a little more research on training with them, but I'm a little in love with them. Barefoot running! Super cool, right? I was reading a review in Runner's World about them, and how they totally change your gait, that they get comfy after a couple of weeks, but you don't want to run more than a few miles at a time in them.

What I thought was awesome, however, is that I can take them hiking too. It'll be stream crossings so much easier. I always want barefeet, but totally can't stomach murdering my feet that way. So this is the best of both worlds - protected but also grippy and natural.

If you haven't heard about these shoes, check them out here:

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/bar...ot_running.cfm

0 comments:

Post a Comment