0
Well, I'm steadily moving back into my weekly routine of fitness-obsession. I haven't got a handle on my eating yet, but I'm trying to at least reduce the overall quantity of junk. I haven't lost any of the weight - blah - but I'm seeing my figure start to move back to normal, less of a thick midsection that I had regained. I'm able to hack most of my classes again, but my weight lifting has been set back by about 5-10 lbs in the upper body. My running has suffered the most, unfortunately.

On Saturday, I ran six miles out to arlington and back. I promised I'd be home in an hour, so it was a backtrack along the bikeway that I do my 13m on. I'm considering just running the entire way out to Bedford, but I have to be careful with my time, since the bus only comes once an hour and the stop is like literally in the middle of the woods. I don't fancy sitting out there, exhausted, thirsty and alone for more than a few minutes.

Anyway, so I rested on Sunday instead of doing anything. Monday I went to intermediate pilates at night. On Tuesday I ran three miles in the morning. I had muscle conditioning at night, taught by my pilates instructor instead. I learned a great tricep move - you lay on your back with knees bent, riase your arm vertically while holding a dumbbell with your palm facing the direction of your feet. Then slowly lower your forearm towards the opposite side of your body across your chest until its parallel with the ground, keeping your upper body vertical and straight. Then lift up again. The odd angle of it targets a rarely-used portion of my tricep, so it was very exciting. It worked wonders. My new fave move.

Plie squats seem to be a much-loved theme in my classes lately. Usually weighted and slow. I hope it's going to make a lot of inner-thigh difference.

Wednesday I came in for morning pilates and did my leg routine on the machines before class. Thursday I did a 5min warm-up sprint, then bootcamp class. It flew by. More of the usual squats, lunges, push-ups, mountain climbers. Basic torture. The structure was back to 3 exercises for 60 seconds at a time for 3 sets each. We had 3 of these 3 exercise sets, plus some extras. After class I went swam laps for 30 minutes. It was great! I'm going to start swimming on a weekly basis again. Thursday night I went to muscle conditioning and did the rest of my upperbody routine on the machines and stretched.

Today is beginner pilates - aka relaxation after work. Thursdays just wreck me, so I'm such a bumb on Friday. I'm going to do pull-ups and legs maybe after class though. Or maybe I'll swim if the pool is open.

0 comments:

Post a Comment