0
Update on Fitness/Diet/Health

So I ran for the first time in over a week yesterday. I had some issues with snow/lack of sleep. I ran on the dreadmill though, since I was freaking over my week without straight up cardio.

I've changed my entire weight lifting routine into supersets. They're AWESOME. But it takes good timing, since I'm swapping off between two machines. Plus it results in higher calorie burn due to the nonstop workout - no rest periods. I'm feeling stronger and like I'm making more progress. It's a great feeling.

My weight is down to 166 in the evening. So it seems that I'm dropping a pound per week. Hopefully Christmas doesn't offset that. I think my homecooked meals are making a difference though. And I drink a lot more during the day since I haven't been bringing snacks for the most part. I feel good about not drinking coffee lately, also. I think cutting that out last month was a really good idea. My sleep habits are still poor - late. I have trouble getting up in the morning, but I'm hoping that I can shift those back to normal hours too. I'm going to try staying later at the gym too - so I can work out extra AND be tired that I just go to bed when I get home after a small bite to eat. Exhaustion does great things for getting you into bed and preventing late night snacking/sugary beverage drinking.

Christmas Plan

I'm going up to my parents for four days, so I face those exercise challenges. They have at least 2 feet of snow and live rurally, so sidewalks don't even exist, and the roads are questionably plowed and narrow. Running screams "bad idea!" So I'm bringing my snowshoes, and will try to go snowshoeing for an hour per day. It's exhausting and the best workout I've ever had, so it will hopefully make up for it.

My mother also has a gym membership, so I'm going to see if I can get a free trial for a couple of days. That way I encourage her to go, while also getting to utilize their weights and machines.

Bummer for tomorrow: The gym closes at 3pm. All classes canceled. I have the appointment in the morning, so I can't go and my manager is taking us to lunch, so I can't sneak in a workout at lunch. So I don't get to work out tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment