0

So it begins

No more whipped for me

So I got through dinner last night way under my points allowance, so I had to scavenge for something high-point, small-size because I wasn't hungry. Did you know that a hot chocolate with whipped cream is many, many, many points? I'm so sad about that. I had just become addicted to fresh whipped cream on cocoa. I could probably try to find the no sugar, or no fat hot cocoa then use the fat free whipped topping...but that really kind of takes away from the joy. Oh, and if you read a whipped cream dispenser, it supposedly contains 28 servings because a serving is 2 Tbsp of whipped cream. That's like a tiny, tiny squirt. I'm just heartbroken!

Progress

Well this was the third day in a row that I ran for 30 minutes straight. I definitely feel a lot better when I do it, but getting there at an ungodly hour for a treadmill is exhausting. I think that I'm permanently going to be waking up at 5:10am for the next three months, and going to bed at 9:30pm. I suppose you could say that avoiding the post-work evening rush is worth it, however.

I'm maintaining my weight at 162. That's not so bad given that I've only been monitoring it for three days. :P No real fluctuations this week. I'm hoping for a drop by next Monday, of course, which I hope I will get in a weekend kick or something. The weather is unseasonably warm here right now, so I have no inclination to run outside, but I'm trying to come up with some fun outdoor activity. All the snow has melted now, so no shoeing. I'm almost tempted to return the guide pants I bought at EMS, since if I lose this weight, they'll be too big by the end of the winter anyway. That sort of seasonal clothing is meant to last years, and I hope never to be this size again!

My favorite thing to do at the gym is this machine called the Gravitron. It's basically a pull-up bar, but it will take off some of the load of your body weight until you can do pull-ups on your own. So I'm working my way towards a real pull-up! I can only do it 2-3 times a week max, so progress is slow, but I know that I'll start being able to pull more and more soon.

Update on my push-ups. So I've been reading through a lot of issues on form, and to do a military-style push-up, my upper arms need to be parallel with the ground at the lowest point, fingers together and directed straight forward, and eyes looking straight forward. Keeping a "perfect" form is hard as hell, so I'm basically going back to the very beginning to relearn my push-ups. I figure that I'll be able to do like none to start with, but as I go, I will be learning them the correct way and my form will never be an issue. One of those, there is no point in doing it unless you're doing it right.

  • Begin in the front leaning rest position with the palms of your hands directly beneath or slightly wider than your shoulders and your feet together on the floor
  • Keep your back, buttocks and legs in a straight line from head to heels throughout the test
  • When the timer marks the beginning of the two-minute sequence, lower your entire body as a single unit by bending your elbows until upper arms, shoulders and lower back are aligned and parallel to the floor
  • Return to the starting position by extending your elbows, raising your body as a single unit until your arms are straight

0 comments:

Post a Comment