0
Weekend Review

While I'm not exactly bikini-body as I discovered this weekend while trying on bikinis, things could be worse. I'm back down to my smallest size of the past couple of years at this point. But I'm still not where I want to be. I still have two more weeks to lose another few pounds. It will take hard work and determination - especially since DB is going to want to eat out when he gets back. I'm going to have to brainwash myself into become one with the garden salad on the menu.

On Saturday I went for a 50min run. The sidewalks were covered in 2 or so inches of slush/snow/packedsnow. It made for really unsteady running, since you never knew if it was going to be hard lumpy snow (twisting an ankle), squishy slush (slipping and falling) or hidden ice (more slipping) or normal deep snow (dig the foot in and then kick out). Let's just say that running in this shit is hard work. Not just because you're trying not to fall down or turn an ankle, but because you're always bracing your body, trying to use momentum to go forward, staring at the ground the entire time. It's just a lot of work! I also did an ab routine later on, as well as 20 dips on the Powertower.

On Sunday I repeated the jog, but made it a photo run so I stopped a few times to take pictures. But to make up for it, I went through the complete-not-cleared-whatsoever trails which was more of the same in terms of snow-running. I did 50 push-ups (2 sets of 25).

0 comments:

Post a Comment