The trainer told me to massage, ice and rest it a couple days. The advice kind went in one ear and out the other, since I had pilates the next morning. I felt it a few times during moves that put pressure on the hamstring, but I just eased up on them if I needed to. It's still kinda achy, but I think it'll be fine by the weekend.
Workouts this Week
Tuesday night I did my muscle conditioning class. We did the kickass abs stuff again, which no one but a couple of us could actually do. He came up and talked to me about it afterwards, but because so many of the people aren't at that level, I think he may cut it out in the future.
The abs stuff I'm referring to is something like this, but not on the bosu.
Then you lower one toe towards the floor, not touching, at a time, for a couple of sets. Then spread your bent legs wide, bringing them in and out.
For extra fun, you can start out with legs at 90 degrees, back on the floor, then sit up using your abs to get into the above position, then bring one knee towards your chest at a time, then slowly lower your upperbody back down to the floor. Then do it again!
I attribute pilates to my ability to do any of this. Moves like the roll-up, teaser and rolling like a ball. I haven't tried your basic military-style sit-up since rocking out with pilates, so one of these days I'm going to find a partner to hold me feet and see how many I can do 2 minutes! I already know that I still suck at push-ups, but I'm making slow progress. Boobs-to-the-ground is soooo hard.
0 comments:
Post a Comment