0

Overdoing It

Well last night I made a huge mistake, which I'm going to have to be extra careful about in the future. So yesterday morning I did elliptical, since I really need that morning rush I get from the gym, I'm like an addict.

Then at 4:45 I went to kickboxing, which was AWESOME!!! Then decided that I still had energy for an hour of muscle conditioning. So I used my usually weights, and struggled a little, but got through it. I felt like shit at the end though. I had seriously pushed myself.

So I get to the locker room, throw my stuff into a bad, since I wanted to make an earlier bus, and ran off to go home. Well, I was sweaty, and it was cold. I got on the train, and drank a few gulps of water since I was thirsty. I immediately started to feel nauseous. Really, really nauseous. I endured the train and bus ride home, but by then I felt like the walking dead. I walked into the house and collapsed in my bed. I changed into pjs, but didn't shower since I felt so horrific. I just lay in bed shaking and feel sick to my stomach. Ugh.

I woke up 11 hours later, at 6am this morning. I still feel a little woozy and shaky. I think it must have been dehydration, although I had a full water bottle throughout the course of my classes. I dunno. I ate my normal meals yesterday (except dinner because I was too sick), so it's not a lack of food. I'm just not entirely sure. I guess I just overdid it.

Anyway, I'm skipping my workout this morning obviously. I'll probably do a half hour on the a stationary bike tonight, just so I'll have gotten a little something in. Tomorrow is Bootcamp and muscle conditioning again, so I want to be rested up for it and give my muscles a chance to recover today. I'm hoping that just staying hydrated will help. Ironically I concluded yesterday after looking at my diet that I was consuming too many carbs and not enough fiber. But after last night, I'm just not sure anymore. Carbs are good when you're working out a lot. It's all very confusing. And its not like I'm losing weight at this point either.

0 comments:

Post a Comment