0

Variety and Diet

Changing things up

Now that I have this 5K to plan for, I've got to taking my running a lot more seriously. I've been running daily, but I think I might need to cut back and structure my workouts a lot more. I've been reading this 5K training plan that has you run 4-5 times per week, using intervals, hills and tempo training. I'm a little daunted because they start you out with 3miles per session (moving to 4-5miles in the next couple weeks), but I figure that I'll just go at my pace and completing it will be the greatest victory. I mean, if I can run 5-6 miles by the time of the race, the 5K should be a piece of cake.

Today I went on the elliptical for 30 minutes for a glute workout - I'm still having major issues with my right buttock being super tight. Stretching twice a day, just hasn't relieved it. So I'm giving my calves (from running the hills this weekend) a break, and trying to see if I warm-up my butt with a different exercise if that will help. Anyway, since I was on the elliptical this morning I didn't break much of a sweat, despite the fact it claims that I burned over 400 calories. I keep my resistance pretty high with that machine too. So since the cardio aspect was kind of a bust, I'm trying out this Kickboxing class tonight before my muscle conditioning class.

Diet-Wise

No matter how I calculate and overestimate my food intake, I'm not sure that I'm happy. I feel almost too full all the time, but still can't get my calories up to a healthy level. Maybe skinny people really just survive on 6-800 calorie diets and no one actually notices how little they eat. I'm pretty sure that's what my friend does. She's just not a hungry person and eats these tiny, tiny meals - and she's super skinny, but healthy. Just eating a normal sized meal around her makes me feel like I'm overdoing it. Like for breakfast she has a small yoplait yogurt and that's it. Maybe a light sandwich for lunch. Then dinner is like 1/4 of a box of mac and cheese. What the heck?! That's definitely not the recommended 1600 calories, y'know?

0 comments:

Post a Comment