Weekly Update
It's been a week since I started this journal. My weight....has officially not changed! I'm still around 162. Technically I was a little over before 162.4 or so, and this morning I was at 161.8, but the margin of error is big enough to still say, nothing has changed. Same with my measurements.
The only difference I've seen is (a) my endurance for running and (b) my sports bras are not very supportive anymore and I actually looked saggy. I need to go buy the heavy duty sports bra if I'm going to keep up with daily runs.
Exciting News
I signed up for my first 5K this morning! It will be on Sunday, March 16th in my city. I'm familiar with the route, so I think its definitely quite doable. It's not even very hilly whatsoever, pretty darned flat. Your "team" is whichever Irish pub you like the most. I decided to go for this hole-in-the-wall pub that my friend and I used to frequent. It isn't my favorite, but I don't think my fave bar is Irish enough, despite the fact they count it. I think its one of the most authentic however, with drunk off-the-boat Irishmen that are there every time I go.
I'm very excited. Hopefully the snow will be gone by next weekend, and I'll give the course a try. I may end up walking part of it this first time, but I definitely want to get a feel for it. It's a run/walk race, so while I signed up to run it, I definitely won't be the last one through the finish line. The male winner last year did it in a little over 14 minutes - that's less than a 5min mile! Holy sheep! Let's just say that I won't even make it in twice that.
It's been a week since I started this journal. My weight....has officially not changed! I'm still around 162. Technically I was a little over before 162.4 or so, and this morning I was at 161.8, but the margin of error is big enough to still say, nothing has changed. Same with my measurements.
The only difference I've seen is (a) my endurance for running and (b) my sports bras are not very supportive anymore and I actually looked saggy. I need to go buy the heavy duty sports bra if I'm going to keep up with daily runs.
Exciting News
I signed up for my first 5K this morning! It will be on Sunday, March 16th in my city. I'm familiar with the route, so I think its definitely quite doable. It's not even very hilly whatsoever, pretty darned flat. Your "team" is whichever Irish pub you like the most. I decided to go for this hole-in-the-wall pub that my friend and I used to frequent. It isn't my favorite, but I don't think my fave bar is Irish enough, despite the fact they count it. I think its one of the most authentic however, with drunk off-the-boat Irishmen that are there every time I go.
I'm very excited. Hopefully the snow will be gone by next weekend, and I'll give the course a try. I may end up walking part of it this first time, but I definitely want to get a feel for it. It's a run/walk race, so while I signed up to run it, I definitely won't be the last one through the finish line. The male winner last year did it in a little over 14 minutes - that's less than a 5min mile! Holy sheep! Let's just say that I won't even make it in twice that.
0 comments:
Post a Comment