Anyway, I've be running on some level every day this week, except Wed. I'm definitely beginning to understand why some people say they can't run on a treadmill or do worse indoors. This morning I thought I'd chart out the course for the 5K, see where I'm starting so I can have a good gage on the improvements I need to make over the next couple of months. Well, all was well and its not bad at all. Except that I got lost. I was looking for this one particular street that just didn't materialize, so I continued down further until I hit a road that I knew would take me back, just adding a little extra. Then once I was on that road, I missed my turn and ended up basically running a mile out of my way. Rather than get completely lost, I turned around and backtracked. That means I ran 2 extra miles on top of the 3.11miles for the 5K. But I got through it well. There were some inclines that definitely tried my leg strength, but I plugged through. So basically I ran about 5 miles this morning, without stopping and feel amazing. I had a nice 10minute cool down, stretched and made breakfast.
I also bought Billy's Bootcamp from Billy Blanks, the Tae Bo guy. I'm excited to try it. That one class of kickboxing has me completely obsessed now, and since they only offer it once a week, I'm going to see if I can get some extra kickboxing in with Billy.
0 comments:
Post a Comment