I think that this weekend I'm going to run down to this reservoir near me. Roundtrip, with one circle around the pond, is four miles. But there is also a movie theatre down there, so if I did two loops around the pond, it would be 5 miles running and then I could relax in the theatre at the end (you know, all sweaty and gross). There are a bunch of movies I want to see this, so it might be a nice treat. I have free passes for one theatre, so hopefully the one down there is AMC.
Anyway, last night was muscle conditioning. It was fine. I'm kind of weirded out by why these women who look really athletic and buff can't lift half as much as I do. I mean, while I want to be strong, I want to look strong too - they at least look in really great shape. I guess I can't keep comparing myself, but when these ladies walk in with these defined arm muscles and stuff I just feel so chubby - even if I can lift twice what they do and have more endurance. I want my body to reflect my capabilities, y'know? I guess this means I should eat a salad for lunch.
Tonight is pilates. I skipped my run this morning 'cause I was so tired, so I'll run tonight after class. It's kind of a bummer to get all relaxed and then run, but I don't have much choice. I hate skipping a run. And I've skipped one already this week. I know, I know - a lot of people run every other day, but my knees are fine so I don't feel like Im' risking injury at this point.
0 comments:
Post a Comment