0
I've been a slacker this past week. I confess.

I went to all of my classes, and have been focusing on strength training, not running. I didn't run all week. So I tried to make up for it this weekend.

I ran 4M to the gym on Saturday, swam laps practicing my back stroke/kicking for 30 minutes, then took a 60 min muscle conditioning class, then finished up with my leg weight-machine routine.

On Sunday, I ran 2M to Target and worked my butt off shopping for 3 hours. Okay, I was a slacker on Sunday too. My lack of running all week made me insanely sluggish though. Combined that with the increasing warmth - it was in the 60s - and running especially sucked. I may have to take up serious swimming this summer, I swear, for my cardio. Heat + Running = Misery for me. I do love the way swimming eventually tires out my legs, and I can really feel my arms working. The pool has the little bubbly-filter on one end, so I bust it fast in one direction and work hard to go against the current in the other direction. I didn't realize how much of a difference that thing would actually make.

They canceled water aerobics tonight, so I hope to get in some swimming time after work. Swimming, upper body weight-machines and some ab work tonight. That's my plan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment