Tuesday
I slacked in the morning and just went straight to work. I had muscle conditioning after work, which with our new instructor involves 45 minutes of upper body weight lifting while doing squats/lunges. It freakin' wrecks me, but I feel incredible when I'm done. Most people swap down to lighter weights, however, I'm trying to stay strong on the heavier stuff. Or medium-heavy. He is like a machine though the way he pushes us. I love it.
I had to run errands after class, so I stopped at a couple of stores on my way home. But I wanted to get my dad a new Sox hat for Wednesday, so I talked myself into going for a run down to Porter in order to pick him up a hat. The round trip run wasn't more than 2 1/2 miles. I was just tired in general from the killer class, so I just plunked right out.
Wednesday
I got up bright and early for Abs/Pilates class. The abs class is only 15 minute of intense ab work, but it still seems to go by in two seconds. Then I stayed for an hour of begginer/intermediate pilates. I'm really feeling good about work in pilates class. I'm not perfect, but I'm better than the other girls that attend in the morning. I think my core is really toughening up. My favorite is still The Teaser. I didn't run beforehand or do cardio to warm-up because I was so tired from the night before. Instead, I did some leg work on the machines. Abductors and adductors, then some leg presses. The trainer that walked me through on Friday really underweighted me, I think. I can pump up most things another 10lbs or so on both the first and second sets while still making it through a full 12 reps okay.
No evening workout due to the game. Although we walked a heck of a long ways because I couldn't get a parking place closer than out in Brookline. Next year we're taking the T, despite the crowds.
Thursday
Although I didn't get to bed until 1am, I am incapable of missing these morning classes. I don't know what's wrong with me but I simply can not talk myself out of going. So on 4 hours of sleep, I went to bootcamp this morning. It was only a 12 exercise circuit that we ran through twice with push-ups in between every exercise. I now associate the word "rest" with "5-10 push-ups" - haha. What a rest, right?!
The greatest thing was talking to the instructor however because she said how improved my push-ups were. I only do real push-ups now, no modifications. She comments on how perfectly straight my body is too - no raised bum or dipping back. From being yelled at in pilates class, I keep my head up and neck even with my spine, so there is no "leading with my head" as I lower my chest down. I could still lower a couple more inches to nearly touch the floor - but hey, that'll just be the next thing on my list of improvements! So I did a minimum of 125 push-ups today in that class.
After that I struck around to do all of my upper body work on the machines - chest press, rows, rotary something or other. I also did hamstrings and quads. I know that I really shouldn't be using the machines, but I like the big-muscle inducing effect that comes with targetting bodybuilding. If I'm not losing weight at this point, the least I can do is sculpt the muscles a little bigger so they'll see through my fat. :p
After work was muscle conditioning again, this time with Catherine. Because of the 45 out of 60 min devoted to upperbody in the Tuesday class, the fact that we devoted 5 minutes to every muscle group just didn't seem like a lot today. I stuck with the heavy weights, except on the flies. I just kind of hummed through it without any trouble.
I stuck around for another 30 minute spinning class that she's been doing afterwards. I didn't mind it, but the seat still bruises up my hooha when I'm in certain biking positions. Basically I could avoid it if I removed all my body weight from my butt and put it on my quads. I think it'll take a few more classes to fully shift the weight though. I kept up throughout the entire class giving it my all. I felt pretty good since most of the other girls couldn't - but a lot of them are really out of shape, you could tell. It was a beginners class. All of her regular 45-60 min spinning classes take place at tnight though and I try to avoid going to the gym at night anymore. I only go 3 times a week at night now. Three times in the morning, once mid day on the weekend. I've been trying to cut back on my gym time to go running outside.
So anyway, I'm tired and my back is sore tonight. Probably from the upper body machines this morning, less likely from the muscle conditioning or excessive push-ups, since I usually do those and have never had this achiness before. Oh, and we did 30 more push-ups while gripping barbells in mc class. Ugh. There is something about the way I grip the barbell that it pinches a nerve in my palm. It drives me nuts. I think that's also opart of the problem that I was having with the assisted pull-up machine before.
Okay, that's it for tonight. I ate bad today then tried to make up for it the rest of the day. I'm not eating much tonight. After working out a bunch in the evening I haven't been hungry lately. It's the mornings that leave me famished. Probably because I'm eating so little at night and have drained my reserves by the time I finish my morning workout. My body doesn't realize that its supposed to eat away at some of my fat at that point. We're going to have to have a pep talk over that one.
Downloade Stage Fright By Meg Cabot Pdf Ebook
5 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment