Well, after getting to my lesson today, I asked if I could have another one since she wasn't actually leaving for another two weeks. I think I'll see about squeezing one in the 28th in the evening or something around June 1st. She suggested that I start going to her master swim classes, which are like an hour of drills. I'm not sure if I have that level of endurance, but if I slow it down, its a lot easier. That's my big weakness right now - I want to push through and swim fast, but it tires me out fast.
Currently I'm working on my breathing still. I'd gotten used to breathing on my left side, which also results in a strong turn on my left side during the stroke. So now I'm breathing every 3 strokes instead of 2, so I swap it up. She also suggested that I do a drill for breathing and endurance where I breathe every 3 strokes, then every 5 strokes and finally every 7 strokes. I might die on the 7 strokes, but we'll see. That might push me to stop my glide between strokes and work more like a windmill.
Meal Plan Update
I made it through yesterday, but I took some questionable chances at dinner. I made a protein shake with frozen berries. It was amazingly delicious. I'm sure it had too much sugar though, but we'll see. I ended up buying a protein shake supplement for muscle building with amino acids. I consulted a fitness trainer for the suggestion, and while I don't necessarily "need" a protein shake at this stage, the main objective is to get the full protein for my meals and post-workout. This really makes it easy and convenient. I think that the supplement is also giving me greater benefits towards my training than if I were to say drink a meal replacement like slim fast. No, its not going to assist in weight loss - but to be honest, its sure as hell better than what I -was- eating: empty calories with lots of fat. That and given the exercise levels I'm at I *will* burn it off.
I did the Optimum Slim with almonds and flaxseed today before breakfast with fat free milk. YUM!! This totally rocks over the flavorless, cold eggwhite omlette. The sad part is that I always seem to gain or steady my weight with cereal. I'm skeptical, but its satisifying and filled with lots of good stuff.
For lunch I made a morning star veggie burger - its the only brand with less than 400g of sodium per pattie. I think this one was at 240. Plus two slices of fat free cheese for protein. Then veggies on the side. I did asparagus, mushrooms and avocado. I still don't know about the avocado, but I have a bag of 5 that I'll use sparingly until they're gone. For snacks I have string cheese & berries and cottage cheese & a pear. Because I was totally starving when I left the gym last night, I picked up a hard boiled egg this morning so I'll have that the munch on after my workout tonight. I can put the egg towards my evening protein.
I have three bananas left too that I'm not allowed to eat. I think maybe I'll make banana bread or muffins for work. Get rid of them that way.
0 comments:
Post a Comment