0
Well, I got sick last weekend.

Saturday: Ran 4 miles to the gym, it sucked greatly but the weather had really cooled down again and it was cloudy so no relentless sun on me. When I got there, it was late since I had to bust ass. Since I woke up late, then my roommate's boyfriend was in the shower and I had to pee, so I couldn't go. So I ran on a full bladder which sucked. Anyway, I ended up getting there in time for Muscle Conditioning. I forget what happened next - I either left, went swimming or did some machine weights. I'm guessing the former because I wasn't doing so hot.

Sunday: Nothing, sick.

Monday: I felt guilty and was a little better, I thought, so I went to practice my swimming. I think I swam for 30 minutes, then felt like the living dead when I went to work, so that's it. I never got back in for pilates.

Tuesday: Nothing, sick.

Wednesday: This turned into a hell day. I went in in the morning. I ran for 1 mile before my 15 minute intense abs class. It was followed by 1 hour of power pilates. I finished up with another 1 mile run. I had missed my swim lesson on Tuesday, so my teacher prefered to make it up Wednesday night at 7pm. Sadly, I get off work at 5pm. So I went to the gym, and dicked around for 1 1/2 hours. Basically, I did all of the weight machines (lower and upper body), then did some circuit training with lunges, push-ups, plank, mountain climbing, dead lifts and more. Basic stuff that I could do in 1 minute intervals, which somehow made time pass faster. Finally, I got to my swim lesson, which was 30 minutes and I was feeling so obsessed with getting my freestyle right that I swam laps for another half hour. So I freakin' totaled out at 5 hours. Ugh.

Thursday: Ran 15 minutes, increasing pace 0.5mph every 2 minutes. Bootcamp for 45 minutes (circuit training 1min with 5 push-ups between every exercise). Stretched out. Returned tonight, and since it was open house, there was a special intense abs class for 15 minutes followed by my usual Muscle Conditioning (60 min) followed up by 30 min of extra-long-hold stretching). I'm working towards doing a horizontal split with my face flat to the ground.

So that was my week. I think my lack of working out at the beginning of the week has turned me psycho the past couple of days. Hopefully I'll sleep in tomorrow, but I can imagine that I might want to run or swim in the am. I really need to get my running up again if I intend to make that 7.5mile race next month.

On a really positive note: My muscle conditioning/spin instructor told me that I looked great like I'd lost weight. I told her I actually had gained, and she's like "Uh, no. You lost, you look fantastic, you gained muscle." So that made me feel really wonderful that she saw that and felt that way!

On and on a second positive note: The abs class I attended today was mainly these big buff looking men (one of the bodybuilding trainers was leading it, so he must have gotten the guys to go) - but they were WEAK! Wow. Me and this other girl who also takes MC with me busted through it easily, while half the guys were moaning and stopping mid-set. It made us feel really good that we were abdominally superior.

In general it pisses me off how guys can look so muscular, but actual not be very strong or have much endurance. Like there is this guy in me MC class that looks all muscly and his biceps bulge when he flexes - but he can only life half what I do. It's weird. Like he seriously struggles with stuff that I can do relatively easily. Muscles are deceptive things. I mean, I'm not all toned and cut, but I'm strong. I just wish I were cut.

0 comments:

Post a Comment