0
This is just a brief update before I head out for the afternoon to enjoy the sun and gorgeous weather.

I took the last two days off since I had to travel, attend a funeral and then rush back to Boston in the morning. So no real exercise was gotten. But its okay because my entire body ached so badly on Thursday night that I think it was screaming for an extra long rest. So I heeded its demands.

Then this morning I made it run 8 miles. It was amazing! I'm so proud of myself. I was all worried about the 7.5M race in a few weeks, but I know I can rock it now! And its around 80 today, so I managed it in the heat too! Not full sun and not full pavement, however, so I'm going to work on that and throw in some hills. I'm hoping to be running around 10 miles by the end of the month, so that I go into this with the ability to push myself a little more on the speed and not worry as much about my endurance. My new running belt came in handy and I gave myself a squirt of water around mile 5, so that dampened my mouth and put a few tablespoons of water back into me. I didn't run it with an amazing mile-per-hour average, but I ended at around 75 minutes, which is still under a 10min mile. I'd like to be back down to 9min/mile for the race. It's still not runner-competative, but hey, I know I'm not going to be winning an medals. It just feels good to complete it all.

In any case, I have a ton of post-work obligations this week that's going to effect my workout schedule, although the rest probably isn't going to help much, since I'll have the stress of travel involved too. We'll see. I'm going to have to do some stuff on my own in the morning. Maybe do some tempo runs or hills work - shorter time, but more energy. The stress of finding new roommates, changing over utilities should soon be over, so that's a huge relief too. Now I can focus on the other big stuff that's about to happen soon. Outside of kicking my ass in the phenomonal shape at a much faster rate that I had previously been planning on. I mean, would it be too much to be ready to run the Marine Corp Marathon in October? Probably. But I think that's more doable than a tri in August.

0 comments:

Post a Comment