0
So I haven't updated in ages, but I have one little progression marker this morning.

I've been relatively slow on my training lately with this horrific heat/humidity/downpour combo. Then I was out of town and missed last weekends long runs. However, I've been keeping up with my sprints, which is kinda nice. I've been doing a couple of 2-3 mile runs a week and then doing some treadmill sprints before my classes.

Today I had a training PR: 1 mile in 7:32

I mean, it was only 1 mile, not like consecutive miles, but I was proud of myself. I ended up with some stomach cramps due to the fact I'd eaten a 4 oz yogurt 30 minutes before, but I think if I skip the yo-yo or eat it earlier, I should be good to push myself at least 10-20 seconds faster. My goal at the moment is a 7 minute mile. Then to do 1.5M in 10.5 minutes. And then a 5K in 21min. Haha. Okay, I'm getting ahead of myself. But in any case, I'm pleased with the my progress on the short-distance level.

I love reaching that point one day where I'm just like "I can do this faster. I can run longer. I can add more weight" and taking it up a notch. That moment when you know that you can take that next step is really satisfying. Little accomplishments that make me feel all warm inside and proud of myself.

So last week one of the trainers that I really have had no interaction with ran our bootcamp class. At the end, I was moving to the weight room when she passed by and said that I'd gotten really strong and had great form. Yay! Someone who doesn't even know me noticed something like that - it means a lot. On a day to day basis I don't feel strong, but when I'm on the machines or doing push-ups, I can see dramatic improvement over the past 6 months.

0 comments:

Post a Comment