Last Monday night I ordered Eggplant Parm and cheesy garlic bread. I split it into two meals, since there was *a lot* and no way I could have eaten it all. It was a lot of cheese too. Then I did the same thing again on Thursday, but added bread pudding into the mix as well!
One of my coworkers handed out these chocolate-covered macadamia boxes to everyone, so I ate those over a few days. Oh, and on Tuesday I had a chocolate cookie at the lunch meeting. So that was a lot of chocolate. I'd been kind of gasy all week, and had been that way last fall. It went away over Christmas and January, so I thought it must be something in my diet that I cut out. I finally figured out this week that it was chocolate. I'd been eating chocolate in the fall too, but had cut it out entirely over the last couple of months. It's like being lactose-intolerant, but I'm chocolate-intolerant. How weird is that, right?
Anyway, so in spite of my bad eating last week, I ran every day anywhere from 2-4 miles. I'm slowly working my way up. I'm not doing intervals yet, just trying to get my speed steady over a half hour period. I hope to run steadily at 6.2mph over 30 minutes at a 5 degree incline by the end of the week. Right now I can hold it well at 5.8 for 25, then boost to 6.2 for the last 5min. I know its pretty slow at this point, but indoors on a treadmill at an incline is surprisingly more difficult than just jogging outdoors. Maybe outside goes by faster because I (a) have a destination and (b) there is more to look at and (c) its colder, so I'm not just in a hot environment wiping sweat out of my eyes.
Otherwise, I try to stretch for 20+ minutes after my workouts still, which not only feels great but I think had been key in avoiding injury and cramping, given the pace at which I'm exercising these days. I've still got the weird tight buttocks muscles on my right leg, that doesn't seem to get better, but at least doesn't get worse due to the stretching.
This is my general weekly workout plan:
Monday AM: 30 minute run, 20 min stretching
Tuesday AM: 30 minute run, 20 min stretching, rowing and pull-ups
Tuesday PM: Kickboxing class (45min), Muscle Conditioning Class (60min), stretch
Wednesday PM*: 30 minute run, stretch, legwork
Thursday AM: 20 minute run, Bootcamp (45min), 20 min stretch
Thursday PM: Muscle Conditioning Class (60min), stretch
Friday AM: 30 minute run, 20 min stretching, rowing and pull-ups
Friday PM: Pilates (60min), stretching
Saturday AM: 45-60minute run outdoors
Sunday AM: 30 minute jog outdoors
+I do incorporate push-ups and other strength training in there with my stretching, but I didn't really want to detail that kind of thing. My Tuesday and Thursday classes all incorporate strength training with weights, bars and/or body weight.
*I'm also hoping I won't be too exhausted Wed morning and I'll take this 15 minute Abs express class, then run in the morning instead after that. Tuesdays are exhausting though, so I'm never motivated to get up at 5am.
The real big news that comes out of all this was that in spite of the fact I ate crap all week including nachos on saturday and ben and jerry's yesterday... I weighed in at 159.9 today. That's under 160. Woah. I'm sure the B&J will catch up to me on Tuesday or something though. I don't think its settled into my thighs yet.
0 comments:
Post a Comment