0

Something new in bootcamp today

Thursday Morning

Wicked tired. I got 5 hours of sleep, which is normal for Wed nights, but it just kicked my ass this morning. My entire body is sore, like every muscle. When we were doing jumping-jacks today, my underarm muscles/obliques were preventing me from actually lifting my arms for the jumping jack until I stretched out my side a bunch during the 10sec rest.

I think my ass might be getting used to the ungodly number of lunges and squats I've started subjecting it to. Lunges and squats are just so powerful that I think they will be key to tighten things up and helping with my speed issues. I'm trying to incorporate more plyometrics into my self-run routines, since jumping-type activities really go a long way with running.

Anyway, this morning was Bootcamp Class. It was an easy day. She decided to do this 20-sec on, 10 sec off x 8 for all of the exercises. Wayyyyyy too much rest time. And she didn't evenly disperse the exercises, so there wasn't enough cardio/movement exercises in between the stationary ones. This is how I would have changed it:

Push-ups with one-arm raise ---> keep
Hamstring curl on ball ---> extend to 30 sec intervals
Side plank ---> extend to 60 sec each side, OR do raises/pulsing
Tricep chest crossover on ball ---> double hand overhead with bar
Plank train ---> no rest, do 4 straight
One leg squat ---> jump squats
Overhead weight with wall squat for 1 min ---> weight deltoids raise with wall squat
Cardio (fast feet/side shuffle; high knees; butt kicks, jumping jacks)
Add: 8-count body builders
Add: Walking lunges

After class, I biked for 3 miles and then did my upperbody routine. I did regular asstd pull-ups today, rather than negatives. Superset: row/chest press; Superset: lat pulldown/shoulder press; Superset: Bicep/Tricep curls. I kept getting interrupted at machines, so I did some push-ups for chest press; some 15lb one-arm rows for seated row; pull-ups for lat pull-down. Kind of a pain in the ass, but I wanted to get it out of the way, so I can go right home after muscle conditioning tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment