Thursday:
I got back to the gym finally. I spoke with Chris, the trainer, to set up our first meeting on Thursday before I worked out. He seemed kinda, eh. He's just very negative about my running. I told him that the marathon wasn't going to be enough and that I was planning on keep up a strong race schedule in the fall. This adjustment my original plans. So he confirmed that I wanted to build up as much strength as possible in the next month or two, then just maintain during the race season rather than build more.
I told him that I wanted to go a body-weight pull-up, and he said it was doable. I wasn't sure how long, so I asked and he said that it would be the 6 months or whatever that I suggested. We're not using the assisted pull-up machine, but instead we'll use resistance bands hung from the bar. He says that its far better. I trust that. We'll also focus a lot on back in order to achieve that end. He pointed out that pull-ups do nothing for my running. I said I knew that, but I wanted to be able to do them, regardless. I guess as a former sports trainer, he sees training as the means to improve a specific sport - like why train other stuff to a higher degree if it doesn't assist my running? I tried to explain to him that I'm not trying to be a great runner, or even a solo runner, that I just love running. I don't want to be competitive. It's fun, relaxing for me. Marathons are just a way to provide a goal to keep me motivated and focused. I don't want my strength training to just cater to my running.
So theoretically, we have our first training session tonight at 6pm. However, he never e-mailed me about it. I e-mailed him the morning to double check that we're on, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm just going to show up anyway and be ready to go if he is.
Thursday's workout involved an internval upright bike workout. 30 at 18, steady around 90rpm, then 90 at 11, around 90 rpm. I went for 3 miles. I wasn't feel so hot, like seriously gasping for breath with a heart rate that was far too high. I feel sort of nauseous and out of shape. Ugh.
I then just went over to tackle upper body, but to go easy.
Lat Pull-downs (70 x 10 x 3) & Shoulder Press (40 x 10 x 3)
Delt Raise (12.5 x 10 x 2 each)
- felt really nauseous and sat down in locker room, drank water -
When I went back out, I did free weight work instead. Lying chest press with single arm and double (12.5), mixed with chest crossover triceps (10). 10 x 3.
Curl and Press (10lb, 10 x 3) with deadlift (4olb, 10 x 3)
Lying chest fly (10lb, 10x 3)
Lying tricep with bar (18lb, 10 x 3)
Tricep kickback (8lb, 10 x 3 each) with single-arm row (15lb)
Delt-chest combo (8lb, 10 x 3)
Friday:
22 pool lengths, swimming. Mainly all freestyle, half legless.
Saturday:
5 mile run; slow pace (9:30min/mile) started out strong, then dropped off. Feeling unnaturally tired for such a short distance. Sprinted last two blocks.
Downloade Stage Fright By Meg Cabot Pdf Ebook
5 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment