But I didn't run like 11.5 miles yesterday - 7.5 of which were the race, and nearly 4 of which were me trying to get to the damned race. Long story that I'm not getting into. Let's just say that I showed up with 3.5-4miles under my belt, sweating, panting and without fresh legs. I would consider that a little too long to be a "warm up" run.
I'm feeling the race today in my legs. They aren't thrilled, but its no major damage, just general muscle soreness that will disappear in a day. I was thinking though, that if I managed to run that much yesterday, I'm only two miles away from a half marathon!
In spite of everything, I'm increasing my weights on the machines on almost a weekly basis, I can feel my strength increasing as things get easier. I'd been doing assisted pull-ups, military style, with the assistance at a full 110lb before. I'm down to 95-100lbs. It isn't a huge difference, but I'm trying to do them 2-3 times a week so that I start making more progress. I'm going to look into training with negative pull-ups, since so many people say that's the key. It's just a matter of figuring out how to do it on the assisted machine without assistance. Like maybe set the weight to zero or something. I'll test it out when the gym is empty in the morning or something.
Either way, I think my belly has minor improvements, but it might just be on a daily basis or how I slept at night, haha. But I will keep photographing it when I see something I like.
I'm still not in bikini shape with my flabby thighs, but one of these days...
0 comments:
Post a Comment