0
This was January:



New:




I feel like I've backtracked with this. I dunno. People say they see a difference, but I'm the same weight and size as last winter. I almost seemed like I had a flatter tummy then. Of course I was starving myself at the time, but still.

In any case, I ran 8.67 miles today, which was pretty good. Tiring though. I totally passed out once I got home. I'm slowly inching my way up towards that 13.2. The first 5M was mainly uphill and in full sun on cement. Rough. The last of it was clouded over, still warm and mainly pavement. I brought one little thing of water on my belt and a Recovery Powerball for the end. I grabbed a bottle of water when I got to the zoo also. Definitely considering an actual fuel belt with multiple bottles if I'm not going to a destination with water bottles.

On the way, I found this cool outdoor workout area. Almost like a playground except that its all outdoor bench, bars, stretching stuff, etc. It also has boards permanently up that give instructions for stretching and exercises. That would have been mile 3 or 4, I think. I didn't use the equipment, but I stopped to do push-ups and squats. I'd been talking about it with my bootcamp instructor and she suggested stopping periodically to do calithetics during my run. It wasn't bad, and the stop was nice even though it was still working out. But its important that I can still do these types of exercises while being hot, exhausted and tired already.

0 comments:

Post a Comment