Friday I went to the gym for pilates, did push-ups and then the majority of upper and lower body (mainly because men were hogging machines and I was bored standing around to finish upperbody).
Saturday I went for a run in the morning. It was a PITA because I got up at 7:30am to go and what happens? It's like downpouring. So I say screw it and go to Dick's since I had a gift cert and a coupon. I get back and the rain is pretty much stopped. So I'm running and all, and like 2 1/2 miles in, it just start coming down hardcore, so I race home, totally soaking wet, fearing for the life of my ipod (which is hella resilient). I decided that it would be my short run.
So Sunday, today, I went out for a jog and only ended up running like 4 miles - it was oddly, scarily cold. It was 60 when I left the house and by the time I got home it was like 45 with a biting wind. That's not comfy when you're wearing a shortsleeve t-shirt and knee-length tights. Even less exciting when you're sweaty too. But I stopped and did push-ups every mile, so
Anyway, I'm disappointed with myself for running such short distances lately. I know that I'm trying to focus on speed over length now, but I miss my 10-12 mile runs. I think next weekend, I'll catch the bus out to Bedford and make the 13 mile trek home. I know that I can still do it, I've just been lazy. It's really not fair for me to have come so far and then just fallen back on casual jogs. I was halfway to a marathon, quitting now would be ridiculous. Plus winter is coming and I've gotta get in as much as possible before I have to start battling snow and ice-covered paths.
My eating has been okay, I think. Luckily the store had like 10/$10 frozen veggies this week, so I'm set for the next two weeks. I just am having trouble finding inexpensive soy products lately. I balk at spending $5.50 on four veggie burgers. They should be like $2 or more less than that.
Anyway, I feel better about my figure than I did last week. My diligence really pays off quickly, I think. I should be superwoman again in no time.
0 comments:
Post a Comment