0
Today was extremely exciting. We had a male in our morning bootcamp class. I'd say he looked in his late 20s. He was tall, well-proportioned, and seemed in decent shape. I've seen him around the gym and all. He started out strong, trying to do stuff really fast and constant. But about 10 minutes or less in I could tell he was flagging, maybe even less. By 15 minutes in, he was taking breaks. By 25 minutes in he was just sitting on his step during the dips. By 30 minutes, he left the class altogether. I was just like "seriously?!" Even when an older, heavier lady accidentally wanders into the class, they still stick through it and just do things a little lighter. No one quits! So I was surprised/amused.

Although I have to admit that all but one of the women in class today had been taking the class for over a year - so we were pretty well conditioned. Still. Guys just never attend these classes, being too manly and all, and when they do, they always get a quick taste of how much the chicks in these classes bust their asses. They stand their grunting over their uber-heavy free weights, but ask them to raise an 8 lb hand weight 30 times and they're weak as kittens. It's a different kind of training, but no less difficult.

Anyway...

This week has been less inspiring.

Monday - inter. pilates
Tuesday - 3M run; full body machine routine; 30 min, 1min circuit training
Wednesday - pilates
Thursday - interval run; bootcamp class; and whatever I do tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment